On your visit to Cranberry House, step into the historical museum for an insight into island life, enjoy a tasty lunch at Hitty’s Café (with free WiFi), admire the 3 gardens, and explore Sammy Sanford’s cabin, and the public trail to Whistler’s Cove. Especially lucky visitors may arrive during one of the many entertaining and educational events held in the Arts Center.
weekends toofree shuttle
weekends toofree Wi-FiTel:244-7845
Dog Lapping Basin
- Yes, we are open every day, including Saturdays and Sundays!
- Print out this map before leaving home; Cranberry House is #2.
- Take a ferry, either from Northeast Harbor or Southwest Harbor, to Great Cranberry Island.
- Walk off the dock, onto the main road (Cranberry Road.)
- Walk, or take the free Cranberry Explorer shuttle down the main road.
- Go about 1/3 mile (past a paved side road on the left, and up a small hill.)
- Hitty visitors note: you will pass the large white Preble House on the right, with lilac bushes in front, and the ancestral pine beside it.
- Cranberry House is on the right.
Cranberry House boasts the best and cleanest restroom on the island!
Cranberry House is fully handicap accessible, with ramps and a lift to get to all floors, and a handicap-accessible restroom.
On hot days, refresh your dog at our dog lapping basin.
High Speed Internet HotSpot
Free internet access is available on the outside deck, and nearby Cranberry House, for customers of Hitty’s Café.